| < March >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Portland, Maine in March is very cool at 0.6 °C (33.08 °F).
- Afternoons can be cool with average high temperatures reaching 5.2 °C (41.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -4.2 °C (24.4 °F).
- The range/ variation of diurnal average temperatures in March is 9.4 °C (16.9 °F).
- The weather in March is hardly arid with sleet or snow occasionally. Circa 93.2mm (3.7in) of H2O falls during on average 12 days.
- In March the blue above Portland, Maine is reasonably fine with an average of a detectable 6:29 of magnificent sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 11:05 long and the longest day is 12:37 long with an average length of 11:51.
- There are approximately 5:11 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 55.5% of daylight hours and cloudy 44.5% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Portland, Maine March averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for March in Portland, Maine, Usa
Navigate to March Weather in Locations Surrounding Portland, Maine:
- Saint Johnsbury, Vt, Usa - 160.4 kms (99.7 miles) WNW
- Mount Washington, Nh, Usa - 104.4 kms (64.9 miles) NW
- Bethlehem, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Hanover, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Chelsea, Vt, Usa - 175.1 kms (108.8 miles) WNW
- Durham, Nh, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Keene, Nh, Usa - 154.2 kms (95.8 miles) WSW
- Lawrence, Ma, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Boston, Massachusetts, Usa - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) SSW
- Framingham, Ma, Usa - 175.9 kms (109.3 miles) SSW
- Milton/ Blue Hill, Ma, Usa - 172.2 kms (107 miles) SSW