Portland, Maine Climate & Temperature
- Portland, Maine, Usa is at 43°38'N, 70°18'W, 19 m (62 ft). See map.
- Portland, Maine has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Portland, Maine is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 7.4 degrees Celsius (45.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 26.5 °C (47.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 0.5°C (32.8°F) on average falling to -9.9°C (14.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 11.3°C (52.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 1.1°C (34°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.6°C (76.3°F) and average low temperatures are 13.2°C (55.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14.6°C (58.3°F) during the day and lows of 4°C (39.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1126.3 mm (44.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1126.3 Litres/m² (27.63 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2592 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Portland, Maine you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Portland, Maine, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Saint Johnsbury, Vt, Usa - 160.4 kms (99.7 miles) WNW
- Mount Washington, Nh, Usa - 104.4 kms (64.9 miles) NW
- Bethlehem, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Hanover, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Chelsea, Vt, Usa - 175.1 kms (108.8 miles) WNW
- Durham, Nh, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Keene, Nh, Usa - 154.2 kms (95.8 miles) WSW
- Lawrence, Ma, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Boston, Massachusetts, Usa - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) SSW
- Framingham, Ma, Usa - 175.9 kms (109.3 miles) SSW
- Milton/ Blue Hill, Ma, Usa - 172.2 kms (107 miles) SSW