| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Portland, Maine in January is cold at -6.2 °C (20.84 °F).
- Afternoons can be slightly cold with average high temperatures reaching -0.9 °C (30.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cold with an average low of -11.4 °C (11.5 °F).
- The average daily temperature variation/ range in January is 10.5 °C (18.9 °F).
- The weather in January is dryish with snow occasionally. Just 89.7mm (3.5in) of water falls during on average 12 days.
- In January the blue above Portland, Maine is slightly fair with on average a modest 4:40 of radiant sunlight per day.
- The shortest day is 8:59 long and the longest day is 9:47 long with an average length of 9:19.
- There are approximately 4:28 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 51.1% of daylight hours and cloudy 48.9% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Portland, Maine January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Portland, Maine, Usa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Portland, Maine:
- Saint Johnsbury, Vt, Usa - 160.4 kms (99.7 miles) WNW
- Mount Washington, Nh, Usa - 104.4 kms (64.9 miles) NW
- Bethlehem, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Hanover, Nh, Usa - 140.5 kms (87.3 miles) WNW
- Chelsea, Vt, Usa - 175.1 kms (108.8 miles) WNW
- Durham, Nh, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Keene, Nh, Usa - 154.2 kms (95.8 miles) WSW
- Lawrence, Ma, Usa - 91 kms (56.5 miles) SW
- Boston, Massachusetts, Usa - 154.1 kms (95.8 miles) SSW
- Framingham, Ma, Usa - 175.9 kms (109.3 miles) SSW
- Milton/ Blue Hill, Ma, Usa - 172.2 kms (107 miles) SSW